We're recruiting talented, sharp-minded people who have an insatiable desire to grow their expertise while sharing the benefits of our products.
Join The Floyd’s of Leadville Team
You’ll be working for a company that encourages new ideas, team playing, and effective leadership. We’ll reward your dedication with competitive compensation, awesome benefits, and plenty of growth opportunities. Want to work for a pioneering brand that will challenge your mind and unlock your full potential? Then contact us today to see if you’re a good fit.
Title: Vice President of Sales
The Vice President of Sales will provide leadership, direction, and resource stewardship to the organization’s sales function. As the organization’s senior-most sales leader, the VP Sales is accountable for overall sales strategy, organization performance, the profitable achievement of sales organization goals, and for aligning sales objectives with firm business strategy. This is a virtual position with travel required.
The VP Sales reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Aligns the sales organization’s objectives with firm business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
- Accountable for effective sales organization design, including sales job roles, sales channel, etc.
- Manage in-house sales team and external teams.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume, market share, and other key financial performance objective.
- Takes initiatives in customer satisfaction via process improvement plans and efficient reporting and flow of information.
- Approaches potential customers to establish strong relationships
- Provides continuous networking with internal and external sources to identify potential candidates.
- Makes recommendations for changes to products or services based on customer feedback and requests.
- Leads training and development initiatives impacting the sales team and provides stewardship of sales and sales management talent.
- Establishes learning and development objectives essential to the sales organization’s success, oversees the effective delivery of training and development programs, actively assesses the value of training and development investments, and monitors learning and development outcomes to ensure high ROI./li>
- Establishes and governs the sales organizations performance management system. This includes establishing guiding sales organizational principles for managing performance, establishing and prioritizing critical performance measures for all sales jobs; overseeing the equitable allocation of organization objectives across all sales channels, markets, and personnel; and ensuring all key sales and sales management associates are held accountable for assigned results.
- Accountable for the sales organization support budget. Proactively assesses existing sales organization support investments, including those in marketing, technology and training. Ensures support investments yield productivity benefits consistent with established objectives.
- Provides leadership to the sales organization’s management team while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- Leads sales organization change initiatives by continuously assessing the need for organizational change, championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding constructive organizational change.
Accountability and Performance Measures
- Achieves assigned organizational objectives for sales, profits, volume, product mix, and other strategic goals.
- Supports the achievement of strategic objectives critical to other functional areas within the firm.
- Reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Direct report staff includes Division Sales Leaders; Sales Personnel, and Field Personnel.
- Provides indirect leadership to core sales support functions including Marketing, Field Operations, Finance, Human Resources, IT.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of seven to ten years of experience managing a team of sales professionals, preferably in business-to-business sales environment.
- Preferred experience in athletic wholesale channels and endurance sports.
- Demonstrates leadership as an effective role model for the department in tasks both internal and external to the company.
- Excellent communication skills and relationship building skills to effectively work with a variety of people and personalities; able to communicate clearly and effectively in person and in writing internally and externally.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and make decisions independently, effectively, and creatively within established company guidelines.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, delegate, and manage work simultaneously.
- There is no set time or hours for this position; circumstances could require extraordinary time commitment.
- All prospective employees must pass a background check and all necessary assessments.
- Sales: 7 years (Preferred)
- Sales Management: 7 years (Preferred)
- 50% (Preferred)
- Remote; work from home
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Flexible work schedules
How to apply:
- Please email cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com